Well, right now, you cannot feed your dog with something which is not according to its health. If your dog has consumed something which is not according to his dietary habits, it will lead to some unnecessary issues, and in some cases, health issue also take place, especially the behavioral changes.
Presently one cannot rely on packed food because these come up with some harmful chemicals which have a major impact on health. If you also want to get rid of this trouble, you are on the right page. Here we explore about some easy homemade dog food recipes in detail.
All these dog food recipes we will discuss are approved by a veterinary doctor and nutritionally complete. For sure, after going through the ingredients and procedure to make you would love to make it for your pet. We suggest you check out the dietary habits of your dog as well to be sure about the ingredients used. Some dogs are allergic to particular ingredients, so it is essential to have a look at them and then consider the same.
Best homemade dog food recipes:-
Chicken casserole is the primary dish we would like to suggest. The homemade prepared foods sometimes lack in nutrients so for fulfilling the same this one is right to consider. This dish is enriched with all the essential nutrients which are required as homemade dog food does not have preservatives, so these are best to consider.
- One cup chopped vegetables, including carrot, potato, broccoli, and beans.
- Two chicken breast
- Half cup rolled oats
- 2 cups chicken broth
- And oil for frying
Steps to prepare the dish:-
- At the very first, chop the chicken breast into bite-size pieces and sort them in oil. Make sure these are completely cooked.
- Now to the chicken breast, add on the chicken broth, chopped vegetables, and rolled oats, and put it on gas for 10 to 15 minutes at the same flame.
- After 15 minutes, you are this is completely ready, and you are all set to serve it to your dog.
Mini omelet is one of the best dog foods to consider. As organic eggs are used, this will fulfill the nutrition requirement and also let your dog enjoy its meal. The egg-centric recipe is quite good to try, and only three ingredients are required. This is the enriched source of protein and Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Two organic eggs
- Green pepper diced
- Smoked salmon, which is thinly sliced
- One oven se ramekin
Step to prepare the dish:
- At the very first, grease the ramekin with the help of a small drizzle of olive oil.
- Now crack the egg directly on it.
- Mix it thoroughly with the help of a fork and make sure these both get combined.
- Do the baking at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 12 minutes, and make sure that the top layer appears to be brown and it is cooked completely.
- Wait for the duration until it gets cool. It is ready to serve.
Woof loaf is a dish which is having a different taste that your dog will definitely love. Loaves are considered to be the best way to ensure that a large amount of food has been consumed by your dog and their requirement is fulfilled.
- One pound lean ground Turkey.
- Two eggs
- Three hard-boiled eggs
- Half Cup chopped carrots
- Half cup of oats
- Half cup peas
Steps to make the dish:-
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a mixing bowl and mix together the lean ground Turkey, chopped carrots, and peas. These are healthy for both dogs and cats both, so you can give them.
- Now to the bowl, add oats and egg and mix until the loaf type mixture comes together.
- Now place three boiled eggs along the center of the loaf and cover the other half with Turkey mixture.
- Keep it in the oven and bake for almost 45 minutes.
- Now cut the half-inch sliced from the cooled loaf and serve it to your pet.
Chicken and veggies slow cooker:
Chicken and veggies slow cooker may sound to be different to you, but this is an ultimate dish to try. It will be full of nutrients because of the ingredients used in it.
- Take 2.5 or 3 LBS boneless skinless chicken thighs and breast.
- Two cups of frozen peas.
- One or two medium-size apples which must be cubed.
- Two sliced carrots.
- One can of kidney beans must be rinsed and drained.
- Take two cups of frozen been.
- Two tablespoon of olive oil.
Steps to prepare the dish:
- Take the meat and put it in the crockpot, add water and cover the chicken.
- Add on all the vegetables and other ingredients available with you.
- After it, cook the same for almost nine hours when it is about to finish, adds on the frozen peas available with you, and for another 30 minutes.
- Now when it is completely cooked, drain off the excess liquid and add olive oil and the same.
- When it is completely cooled, you can put them in ziplock bags and freeze them. Every night to remove the back from the freezer and the frosted.
- The next morning it is ready to serve.
Scooby stew is a dish that is not only delicious but also comes up with some unique flavors. Your dog will definitely be going to love the same. This dish is very easy to prepare, and within few minutes, the same will be right in front of you.
- 2.5 cups of water.
- 1 cup brown rice.
- Two cups sweet potatoes, which are cubed.
- Two large chicken breasts are majorly cut into six pieces each.
- Take 2 lb frozen mixed vegetables of your choice, majorly green bean, carrot, and peas.
Steps for preparing the dish:-
- Put all the ingredients in a slow cooker and make sure to cover the chicken completely with vegetables.
- Put it 5 hours on high flame.
- Remove the slow cooker and chop the chicken and stir into rice and vegetables until it gets evenly distributed.
- Store it in the fridge for days and freeze it.
- Now take it out and serve immediately. It is in a frozen form that is ready to serve after taking it out.
The old standard:
The old standard is one of the damn delicious dishes. All the best ingredients are considered for preparing the same. This dish has all the nutrients and protein which are required in dog food.
- Half cup brown rice
- Two carrots, shredded
- One zucchini, shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Half Cup
- 3-pound ground turkey
- 3 cups of baby spinach, chopped
Steps to make the dish:
- At the very first, take the saucepan and put three cups of water in it. Cook the rice as mentioned on the package.
- In another stockpot, heat the olive oil for a while on medium heat. Add the ground turkey and cook it until it gets brown. It will take around 3 to 5 minutes. After it crumbles that Turkey as it cooked.
- Now stir in the vegetables available with you along with brown rice until you see the spinach gets cooked and the mixture is heated through. For 3 to 5 minutes, do the same.
- Wait for a while until it gets cooled.
Beef and veggie crockpot creation:
Beef and veggie crockpot creation is a different version to try. You can easily prepare it in the slow cooker. This dish is full of flavors and vegetables.
- 2.5 pounds of ground beef
- 1.5 cups of chopped butternut squash
- 1.5 cup of brown rice.
- 1.5 cup of chopped carrots.
- 15 Oz kidney beans which are drained and rinsed.
- Half cup of frozen or canned peas.
Steps to prepare the dish:-
- At the very first, stir in ground beef, kidney beans, brown rice, butternut squash, carrot, and peas with four cups of water into a slow cooker.
- Now cover it and cook it on low heat for up to 5 to 6 hours. If you are using high heat, consider 2-3 hours.
- It is completely prepared, and you need to pull it completely.
- It is ready to serve.
Turkey and veggie mash:
As the name suggests, it is a combination of Turkey and vegetables. The match is made with 100% natural human-grade ingredients, so there will be no need for you to worry about anything.
- Two pounds of lean ground turkey.
- Half Cup zucchini which is sliced.
- Half cup cauliflower florets.
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 2 tbsp of Turkey or chicken liver finely diced or pureed.
- Two medium-sized carrots.
- One Cup broccoli florets.
Steps to prepare the dish:-
- Add one and a half cup of water to the double boiler and put all the carrot in the basket and cover it for a while. Heat for a moment.
- Now make sure to check out whether the same get completely boiled or not. It will take around 10 minutes. In the meantime, you can simply add Turkey and deliver to the large skillet and cook them. The flame must be medium-high so that there will be no pink color left.
- Drain out any fat and discard. Put all the vegetables available and continue steaming.
- It will take around 6 to 8 minutes. When the vegetables get cools, either of them with the help of a food processor or uses a knife.
- The size of the vegetables depends on you only.
- Now add on all the chopped vegetables to the Turkey and liver and continuous curing.
- Add olive oil and toss the combination with Turkey and veggie mixture.
- Allow it to cool and be in the freezer for a while.
- After it, you can take it out and serve.
Meatballs are the favorite of all, and there is no doubt even humans also like to have them. When you are preparing these meatballs for dogs, they will definitely be going to love it.
New land ingredients
- 10lbs ground beef.
- Four eggs
- 2 cups of bran.
- Three slices of bread which must be cured.
- Three cans of pumpkin puree.
- some salt
- For carrots which must be boiled or steamed.
- Leaves of 4 kale stock.
Steps to follow for making the dish:
- At the very first, take a large bowl and put all the ingredients in it.
- Mix all of them together and make balls of any size you like.
- Now dredge the ball slightly into the flour and shake off the excess.
- Put them on 400 degrees until then.
- Break time is dependent on the size of the ball.
- About 25 minutes.
Meatloaf is also a wonderful option to try and can be prepared easily. This is full of nutrients, so there will be no problem with your dog and its lifestyle. But you need to be sure whether your dog likes the same or not.
- 1 lb lean ground beef.
- Half cup cottage cheese.
- Two eggs.
- 1.5 cup rolled oats.
- One point half cup grated mixed vegetable. The vegetables can be any as your dog’s life.
Steps for preparing the dish:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Take all the vegetables in a bowl and combine them.
- Press evenly into a loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Refrigerate it.
- Serve it.
Note: Make sure whichever the dish you prepare or ingredient you choose, do look at the food habits of your dog and then prepare the same. if you dog is allergic to any ingredient make sure to drop the same.
Here we have come to an end and discuss all the best dog foods in detail. If you are looking forward to trying any of the recipes, make sure to consider all the ingredients so that there will be nothing that can create any trouble for your dog. If you feel like your dog is allergic to any ingredient, consult the veteran doctor about it and get all the details. For sure, you will not regret trying these dishes as they are super delicious and full of nutrients.